Los Angeles is one of the biggest cities in the world. With a population of approximately 10 million, the city is filled with people from all walks of life. However, many of them do not know the Lord Jesus Christ and the offer of eternal salvation that is found in His name through the gospel. Many of them are not plugged into a church that is dedicated to caring for their spiritual welfare and guiding them with Scripture's life changing principles.
That is the inspiration that led to the birth of Grace City LA. Founded in the summer of 2017 by pastor and evangelist Steve Cha, Grace City LA is a Bible teaching, gospel-centered, and evangelistically driven ministry which exists to effectively make disciples of a new generation of people in Los Angeles.
Click here to read an in-depth interview on TogetherLA.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
With so many churches in Los Angeles, the question that comes to mind is:
Which one should I choose?
We live in a time when everyone wants to be innovative and groundbreaking. It is no different with contemporary churches. New church plants have ambitious or attractive goals such as "transforming the city," "being a radical church," "helping people find their life's joy and purpose," "being culturally relevant," or being "cool." We do not claim to be groundbreaking, innovative, or to offer something flashier or more entertaining than other churches.
What we've got to offer is this: the word of God faithfully taught and applied. That's our secret. It's a simple philosophy that leads to life changing results. Our belief in the inerrancy, infallibility, and sufficiency of Scripture is the reason why we value the Bible so highly, which in turn leads to a high view of God. Our commitment to expository preaching, evangelism, and apologetics sets us apart as a one of a kind ministry in the Downtown Los Angeles region. Our integrity in this area ensures that Grace City LA is a trustworthy place to learn what Christianity is and to grow in your knowledge and application of Scripture.
1. Based in Scripture: Because God's word is inerrant and clear, it teaches us to trust everything that God says concerning salvation, godly living, and all historical, prophetic, and geographical references in the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16).
2. Grounded in grace: Because salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone, we have our confidence in coming before God, our reason for rejoicing, and our basis for extending grace to others (Ephesians 2:8-9).
3. Burdened for the city: Because Jesus commanded us to reach the lost in evangelism, we understand our mission with the unchurched around us, which is to bring them to saving faith in Jesus Christ (Luke 19:10).
4. Passionate about community: Because Christians in the church are our spiritual brothers and sisters in the Lord, we gather to exhort, care for, and support one another in grace and in truth (John 17:23).
5. Devoted to Prayer: Because Christ modeled prayer for us, we pray personally and communally to exercise our faith in God, conform our will to His, and see Him move in our lives, in the church, and in the city (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
To make a new generation of disciples in Downtown Los Angeles by living out our three-fold focus of worshipping Christ, equipping the church, and reaching the city with the gospel.
We exist to give honor and glory to God through corporate praise, loving fellowship, and words and deeds that reflect worship of God in spirit and in truth. We understand worship as the purpose for our existence. Therefore, we strive to have this attitude behind everything we do: Singing, giving, fellowship, learning, and our deeds toward one another.
We exist to build up believers in the church through strong discipleship of teaching and modeling, which leads to maturity of character and service in the church. This is done through a compilation of: Our expository preaching ministry on Sundays, our commitment to strong doctrine and inerrancy of Scripture, our community groups on weekdays, and personal discipleship through mentors who coach and model the faith. We produce disciples of Christ who, in turn, become disciplemakers themselves.
Sending out disciples into the city to reach out to unbelievers with the gospel in the city through weekly evangelism with the hopes of bringing them into saving relationship with Jesus Christ and being plugged into the church for discipleship. We trust in the power of the gospel to bring about eternal salvation and transformation in people's lives.
To be a powerful and efficient church that greatly impacts the people in Downtown Los Angeles with the gospel. Our vision is to bring many of the unchurched in the city to come to know Christ as Lord and Savior and to create a church culture of mature, missional, and multiplying Christians. Our vision is to equip and to send out disciplemaking men and women who will replicate our values, mission, and vision in the community and in the world.