WHAT IS PROJECT REVIVE?
The word "Revive" means to bring to life. During the last decade, Downtown Los Angeles has been experiencing an economic revival with the entrance of new businesses, living spaces, and entertainment attractions. Along with this comes new people moving into the territory and making Downtown a new and exciting place to do life in. However, many in the Downtown area have yet to experience a spiritual revival, which only comes with people hearing the gospel and responding to Jesus Christ in faith.
Going into 2019, we have a great vision to bring the gospel to many people in the Downtown Los Angeles area through evangelism so that the percentage of people who believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior in the city will rise, as well as the percentage of unchurched who are plugged into a local church. This is Project Revive, a Grace City LA fundraiser to financially support our missionaries to go into DTLA to do the work of evangelism and discipleship. Our strategic focus is to concentrate on three predominant areas of Downtown LA:
1. The neighborhood around Grace City LA (Saturdays)
2. University of Southern California campus (Thursdays)
3. Little Tokyo or 6th Street (Varies)
The Great Need. Doing the work of evangelism and building up a local church requires resources, time, and manpower, which is why we are prayerfully looking for people who desire to invest in and partner financially in this great endeavor of winning souls to Christ in the city. Because Grace City LA is a new church, we are not financially independent yet, which heavily limits the amount of time that I and other evangelists can devote to the Great Commission work in DTLA.
That is why we are praying and working toward a goal of $140,000, which will sufficiently sponsor the Great Commission laborers at Grace City LA for a two-year period.
The approximate breakdown of what we would like to achieve is as follows:
Staff Support $48,000 per year
Rent/Supplies/ Other Expenses $22,000 per year
With your generous partnership, Grace City LA will have the flexibility to send me and other pastoral staff into the field to accomplish the following:
Downtown and USC Evangelism 6-8 hours
Discipleship of New Believers 5-6 hours
Followups with Seekers and Believers 2-4 hours
Leadership Development 2-4 hours
Personal Study/Continuing Ed 2-3 hours
The Fruits of Partnering with me and Grace City LA
1. Your contributions will play a big role in those who come to saving faith through our outreach efforts in DTLA. Your investment will be credited as a major component of many new converts and mature disciples.
2. Your contributions will ensure that manpower and resources will be available at little to no cost for those in the church who are being taught and discipled in community groups, seminars, and discipleship groups.
3. Your contributions will be followed up with bi-yearly annual reports on the progress of Grace City LA and how your investment is being utilized in the church to produce spiritual dividends. If you desire, your name will be made known to our membership directory so people can pray for you, send you thank you cards, and other appreciations.
The Future. Churches like Grace City LA exist to be a beacon of light and agent of change in Downtown Los Angeles. We are setting a trend and system whereby in 5 to 10 years from now, strong disciples will be built in Grace City LA who can be salt and light in their workplace and in their social circles in the urban city. We want Grace City LA to be a landmark evangelical church where neighbors know about its integrity as a Bible church and are transformed by the love and good deeds that arise from our outreach efforts in the city.
How to Partner
There are two ways to contribute:
1. Click on the link below. You will be directed to Ambassador Network, which is a church planting organization that handles the contributions for this exclusive project. There is a one-time or monthly giving option, which you direct under the designation Multiplication Fund: Steve Cha
2. Mail check to Ambassador Network. Address is: 1 Civic Center Circle, Brea, CA 92821. Make check out to "Ambassador Network," with "Steve Cha" under Memo.
Note: All financial donations are 100% tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. No goods, services or benefit will be provided to a donor in exchange for any contribution. Ambassador Network (EIN 27-3339188) is a non-profit organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
Thank you for your consideration in this project. I pray that your investment into this Great Commission project will bear much fruit for God's kingdom work in Los Angeles.
Pastor Steve Cha